Visit The Roseland Multi-Academy Trust website vacancies page for other positions in our partner schools
There are currently no vacancies.
Recruitment, Selection and Pre-Employment Vetting
The Roseland Academy has a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. It has adopted consistent, fair and thorough employment practices and processes that aim to recruit people who are suitable to work in an education setting. The Roseland Academy also seeks assurance that all the necessary safeguarding, safer recruitment and vetting and barring checks for all visitors from outside agencies who visit The Roseland Academy are in place. This includes Enhanced DBS Disclosures for eligible roles undertaking Regulated Activity.
Our Headteacher and Trustees act reasonably in making decisions about the suitability of the prospective employee based on checks and evidence, including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, barred list checks and prohibition checks, together with references and interview information. The level of DBS certificate required, and whether a check for any prohibition, direction, sanction, or restriction is required, will depend on the role that is being offered and duties involved. As the majority of staff will be engaging in regulated activity, an enhanced DBS certificate which includes barred list information, will be required.
This statement does not cover all aspects of recruitment and selection or other employment practices. It is intended to promote the consideration of issues concerning child protection and safeguarding at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Principles of Safer Recruitment Practice:
- The welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount;
- The Roseland Academy will demonstrate its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at all stages of the recruitment and selection process;
- The same safer recruitment standards will apply when appointing anyone who works in a setting where there are children, young people and vulnerable adults and not just to those working directly with them, as they are likely to be perceived by children, vulnerable adults and others as a safe and trustworthy adult;
- Safer recruitment is seen as part of a culture of ongoing vigilance where safer working practices are used by supported and well-trained staff;
- Applicants for positions requiring a DBS check will be required to complete a ‘Declaration of Criminal Convictions’ disclosing any convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings, including any which may be spent in accordance with the DBS filtering rules. A failure to disclose relevant information may result in the withdrawal of an offer of appointment or, where this is determined after appointment and/or during employment, the termination of employment.
- Newly appointed staff will not start work until all appropriate checks and vetting procedures have been satisfactorily completed.
The Roseland Academy will continuously monitor and review all recruitment and induction processes undertaken in line with evolving legislation and best practice. We seek to develop and maintain a safe culture and ethos which will safeguard children, young people, vulnerable adults and staff.