At the Roseland Academy we are dedicated to supporting our students in every way we can throughout their college life. There is a range of staff in the college that can support students through the many transitional stages that they will face. There people are:
- Lenka Chanter – Transition Coordinator with Careers
- Beccy Higman – Career and Personal Advisor
- Tutors, Co-Tutors, subject teachers and support staff
We also currently have allocated careers resources in the ELC which students and parents can access during and after college hours which can also be utilised for further information. Further careers information is available in Y10 and Y11 tutor bases for students to peruse during registrations.
The Roseland Academy recognises that it has a statutory duty to provide careers education in Years 7-11 (1997 Education Act, 2003 Education Regulations) and to give learners access to impartial careers information, education and guidance (1997 Education Act, 2008 Education and Skills Act). It is committed to providing a planned programme of impartial careers education and information, advice and guidance (IAG) for all learners in Years 7-11, in partnership with Careers South West; and to provide extra support as required for learners with additional needs.
The college endeavours to follow best practice from the careers profession, from other expert bodies such as Ofsted and from Government departments that might appear from time to time.
The college has achieved the Stage one in Investor in Careers (IiC) and is committed to effective CEIAG with the college.
Useful Documents and links
- Which Way Now – Options guidance [wpfilebase tpl=filebrowser tag=file id=112 /]
- Making informed decision post 16 [wpfilebase tpl=filebrowser tag=file id=113 /]
- Careers Southwest Parents Newsletter
- Careers Advice for parents and young people too!
- Websites – Occupational Areas [wpfilebase tpl=filebrowser tag=file id=114 /]
- Jobseekers Information sheet [wpfilebase tpl=filebrowser tag=file id=115 /]
- Job Families – jobs similar to each other [wpfilebase tpl=filebrowser tag=file id=116 /]