BTEC Firsts in Business can help you take your first steps towards a career in the business world. You will learn essential skills such as business enterprise, project management, selling and promoting a brand, and financial awareness, from planning to making a profit.
The course has been developed in the business sector to:
- encourage personal development of knowledge and skills relevant to the business world through practical participation in a range of vocational business activities;
- give learners a wider understanding and appreciation of the broad range of business specialisms through selection of optional specialist units;
- encourage learners to develop their people, communication, planning and team-working skills by having the opportunity to select from optional units available in the qualification structure;
- provide education and training for employees in the business sector;
- give opportunities for business employees to achieve a nationally recognised level 1 or level 2 vocationally-specific qualification;
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the business sector or to progress to other vocational qualifications.
The course consists of core and optional specialist units and learners must complete the two core units, and a choice of optional units.
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business
Optional Specialist Units
- Promoting a Brand
- Principles of Customer Service
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Introducing Retail Business
- Providing Business Support
- Recruitment, Selection and Employment